Herbal baths can be extremely relaxing and beneficial for your body and skin. Here are some herbs that are often used in such baths and their potential health benefits:
- Lavender: Lavender has calming properties and can help you relax after a long day. It can also help with insomnia.
- Melissa: Melissa or lemon balm has calming and antiseptic properties. It can help with stress and nervousness.
- Herea: Herea has anti-inflammatory properties and can help with skin problems such as eczema or acne.
- Common Lilac: This herb has anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic properties and can help with skin problems and joint pain.
- Sage: Sage has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. It can help with sore throats and flu.
- Peppermint: Peppermint has cooling and relaxing properties. It can help with stomach aches and neuralgia.
- Frankincense: This herb can help with runny nose and allergic reactions.
- Fragrant Birdsfoot: This herb has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties and can help with colds and flu.
- Moorhead Thyme: It can help with joint pain and rheumatism.
- Chamomile: Chamomile has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. It can help with irritated skin and stress.
To prepare an herbal bath, you can use dried herbs, tinctures or oils. Just add them to your bath water and enjoy the relaxing properties. Note that you may have allergic reactions to some herbs, so test on a small area of your skin before use. If you have any medical problems, consult your doctor before using the herbs.